AWS CloudFormation Challenge
- Good knowledge of AWS services
- Amazon CloudFormation
- Amazon EC2 Instances
- Internet Browser
- Internet connection
- Region : Make sure to use us-east-1 region to create all the resources.
- You will be provided with the requirements of the challenge. If you are new to AWS Cloud, we recommend you go through our hands-on Labs before taking this challenge.
- Challenge Duration: 60 minutes
How to submit the challenge
- After building the infrastructure, click on Validate button, to validate if you have built the required infrastructure and completed the challenge successfully.
- Validation status
- Success - You have completed the challenge successfully.
- Failed - You have failed to complete the challenge.
Once you have successfully validated the challenge, click on End Lab.
Cloud Challenge Details
In this lab challenge, your Amazon CloudFormation skills are put to the test. You'll be given a requirement and you have to reach it using your knowledge of Amazon CloudFormation and Amazon EC2. The Lab Challenge helps you understand the real-time scenarios.
A company XYZ is deploying a new web application. As a part of the infrastructure, they need to update the server from t2.micro to t2.medium for better performance, add HTTP in security groups inbound rule which is accessible on port 80 by removing the present SSH entry which is accessible on port 22, and finally update the output, it should display the private IP. Now your challenge is to update the CloudFormation stack using the Change set, you can use Designer to create a Change set.
Copy the S3 Object URL of EC2InstanceInput.template file present in S3 bucket starting with name whizlabs.
Create Cloudformation stack using S3 Object URL of EC2InstanceInput.template file with below details
EC2 Instance - t2.micro
SSH Port open.
Wait until CloudFormation stack status changes to CREATE_COMPLETE.
Update the Cloudformation Stack to:
Execute the Changes and check if the server capacity has been increased.
Click on Validate to complete the challenge.